I started a collection of salt and pepper shakers in grade school and continued through H.S. When we moved from Pennsylvania and I had lost interest, I sold most of them at a garage sale. When the kids were here for Christmas we had a conversation of the health benefits of collecting something. I kept my favorite pair- a ball and glove pictured here. I have decided to start back up again. It's fun to poke around yard sales and flea markets. I love the thrill of the hunt. The neat thing about salt and pepper shakers is that they come in all materials and shapes. I did a search on Google and found out that this collection type is quite popular. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLugmL-thPM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's really fun. I don't think I collect anything, other than music, but that's not the same kind of hobby.
Perhaps I'll pick up collecting old cookbooks. I'll keep my eyes peeled for cool or hip salt and pepper shakers.
Neat! Thanks for putting this up and I hope to see more pairs as you find them :)
Post a Comment